About TL Housing Solutions
TL Housing Solutions Ltd (“TL”) is a developer/builder specializing in the non-market housing sector. We provide turn-key project management and design-build services on a fee for service basis. We access support and funding for non-profit organizations through all levels of Government and Crown funding agencies. We work with existing housing providers and groups seeking to enter the sector, such as churches, legions or other service organizations.
Over the past twelve years, TL has delivered innovative housing solutions to a broad range of clients in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Over 3,000 units are completed or in progress for affordable rental and ownership, seniors, and healthcare. As an affiliate in the Townline Group of Companies we have capitalized on a forty-year history of solid performance and have achieved a prominent position in the non-market space. Through these efforts we offer a significant way to give back to our community, delivering maximum value for our clients, our partners, and the people who rely on our homes.
Currently we are in need of an experienced and dedicated Senior Construction Project Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual who is an effective communicator, a creative problem solver and someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for experience in the rewarding field of social-purpose housing development and with one of BC's most respected and proven developers. TL offers a competitive compensation package, a transportation allowance, a comprehensive health benefits program, a complimentary on-site gym/wellness centre and bike storage. As well, our office is conveniently located on the Canada Line at Marine Gateway.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Construction, the Senior Construction Project Manager (CPM) will be responsible for all aspects of project management from excavation to final turnover. The CPM will work with in-house and external construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring feasibility and cost of all projects.
The duties of the Senior Construction Project Manager may include but are not limited to:
- Create the schedule, scope of work, budget and other targets for the given projects;
- Establish a Project Charter for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables;
- Prepare Tender Process, Budgets, Estimates, Construction Schedules, progress and monthly reports;
- Responsible in overseeing one or more teams/projects that are at multiple sites or large complex projects; fostering strong teamwork orientation;
- Manage all subcontractors and suppliers to ensure quality control, cost control and maintaining schedule;
- Manage trade contractor site meetings, RFI's, invoices and control document process;
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility;
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget; procure extra budget funding where necessary;
- Manage and monitor all Trade Contractor Change Orders and Owner Change Orders.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk;
- Manage project dependencies;
- Conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings;
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule;
- Observe that Work Safe Practices are being followed during site visits;
- Manage completion requests and Tenant Occupancy dates and Project close out;
- Act as the primary liaison with site superintendents and sub-trades;
- Provide construction direction and oversight to project team;
- Interface with client representatives, architect representative, subcontractors, security, etc.;
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s);
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered;
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Post-secondary school degree or diploma in a construction related area of study preferred;
- 8-10 years of direct work experience working in construction with a minimum of 5 years of project management experience;
- Experience working in large wood frame projects required;
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans;
- A solid understanding of all residential construction trades and construction techniques;
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation in relation to the construction industry, specifically residential construction;
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities;
- Strong communication, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;
- Dedication to health and safety in the workplace;
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers;
- Results-oriented with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines;
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract;
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related residential building codes;
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods;
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills;
- Demonstrated reputation for acting with a high level of integrity at all times;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including labourers, technical, professional, and upper management;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.