About TL Housing Solutions
TL Housing Solutions Ltd (“TL”) is a developer/builder specializing in the non-market housing sector. We provide turn-key project management and design-build services on a fee for service basis. We access support and funding for non-profit organizations through all levels of Government and Crown funding agencies. We work with existing housing providers and groups seeking to enter the sector, such as churches, legions or other service organizations.
Over the past twelve years, TL has delivered innovative housing solutions to a broad range of clients in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Over 3,000 units are completed or in progress for affordable rental and ownership, seniors, and healthcare. As an affiliate in the Townline Group of Companies we have capitalized on a forty-year history of solid performance and have achieved a prominent position in the non-market space. Through these efforts we offer a significant way to give back to our community, delivering maximum value for our clients, our partners, and the people who rely on our homes.
Currently we are in need of an experienced and dedicated Site Superintendent to join the Victoria team. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual who is an effective communicator, a creative problem solver and someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for experience in the rewarding field of social-purpose housing development and with one of BC's most respected and proven developers.
Reporting directly to the Director of Construction, the Site Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of project management on worksite(s), including ensuring compliance with design, project specifications, regulations, timelines and safety codes.
General Duties & Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Lead all work on construction site(s) to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations and safety codes;
- Plan, implement and monitor construction plans;
- Assist with estimates and budget development for projects;
- Organize and coordinate subcontractor activities;
- Manage site start-up;
- Ensure all required permits are obtained;
- Ensure that safe work practices and procedures are being followed onsite at all times;
- Coordinate and direct all workers on the worksite;
- Ensure accurate and timely project close date; adjust working schedules to ensure deadlines are met;
- Working with the Construction Project Manager to resolve any constructional issues that may arise;
- Complete jobsite administration duties;
- Ensure proper materials and quantities of materials are onsite prior to daily work commencing;
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and report on progression of building;
- Supervise all workers onsite; provide feedback to workers, enforce company policy and administer disciplinary measures as required;
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associated work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk;
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule;
- Aid workers on site whenever required;
- Develop, monitor and oversee quality control measures on worksites;
- Pursue cost effective alternative measures to improve financial performance on projects;
- Ensure building inspections are completed periodically throughout the construction phases to ensure buildings meet specifications of clients;
- Any other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Post-secondary school degree or diploma in a construction related area of study preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years of direct work experience working in construction with a minimum of 5 years of supervisory and / project management experience;
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans;
- A solid understanding of all residential construction trades and construction techniques;
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity;
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation in relation to the construction industry, specifically residential construction;
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities;
- Strong communication, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;
- Dedication to health and safety in the workplace;
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers;
- Results-oriented with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines;
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract;
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related residential building codes;
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods;
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills;
- Demonstrated reputation for acting with a high level of integrity at all times;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including labourers, technical, professional, and upper management;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- First Aid certification considered an asset;
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
Successful candidate will be required to provide official documentation confirming receipt of two (2) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as recognized for use in Canada, prior to starting employment. Continued employment will be conditional on receiving, and providing confirmation of, any additional “booster” vaccine doses, as recommended by the Ministry of Health & Provincial Health Officer. Exceptions based on medical, religious or other valid grounds will be considered on a case by case basis.
If you don't meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply, as we're still eager to meet individuals who are aligned with Townline's core values and can contribute in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes. Townline is all about the Team, and we take pride in providing a work environment where people grow, evolve, and feel appreciated.